APRIL 23rd, REGATTA NEWS-Please read all the way through. Lots of information!!!
Looks like the rain may hold off for us but be a bit chilly in the morning!
Cloudy. Lo 46F/High 58F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
The boat lineups are listed at the bottom of this email. Important things to note:
- Rowers need to be at the bus at GRAYDON by 5:15am for a 5:30 am SHARP departure Sunday morning. Bagels will be served on the bus. Rowers need to bring their own refillable water bottle.
- Rowers are reminded to dress for the weather, warm jackets, bring sunscreen, extra socks and a refillable water bottle to every regatta.
- Directions to the Schuylkill River** can be found on the RC website: http://www.ridgewoodcrew.com/schuylkill-river-philly.html
Parking: Please review the parking information for the manny flicks located here: http://www.phillyflicks.com/spectators/parking/
Parent tent location: http://www.phillyflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Satellite-View-of-Grandstands-to-Boat-House-Starting-Line.pdf. This is the location of the Team tent. The rower tent is located at a different location. For families new to the program, the coach’s request that parents refrain from contacting their children at the rower tent. For the first few regattas they will all have plenty of time to meet you at the parent tent!
- Race Results can be found on the website: http://rowtown.org/lrs/schedule.jsp?regattaName=5th+Manny+Flick+%2F+Horvat+Series®attaDate=2017-04-23&organizationName=All%20Organizations
- Parents, siblings, friends are encouraged to come down to our Team Tent in Philly to cheer on the team and enjoy the food. This week we will have weather appropriate foods - scrambled eggs, egg dishes, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, granola - for breakfast; meatball sliders, cheese quesadillas, tomato soup, salad - for lunch; and hot chocolate, tea, and coffee all day!
- IMPORTANT CHANGE IN ROWER PICK UP: The rowers will leave Philly and go directly to PRAA on Sunday to unload the boats. Please arrange for your rower to be picked up at PRAA at approximately 8:30pm. Please try to coordinate carpools if possible and keep in touch with your rower about timing.