-E-cigarettes can be bought at almost any gas station/convenience store
-7.6% of Utah teens use e-cigarettes regularly
-In Lehi and Cedar Hills the age requirement to purchase E-cigarettes is 21 but it is only 19 everywhere else in Utah until 2021
- E-cigarettes are equally as harmful as normal cigarettes
- Tobacco kills over 480,000 people in the U.S. and over 7 million worldwide each year.
- there are 300 new smokers in the US daily
- 20.8% of high schoolers in the US use e-cigarettes
- 25.5% of youth in hawaii use e-cigarettes
-5.6 million kids alive today in the U.S. will ultimately die from smoking
- In the U.S. alone, tobacco companies spend $9.1 billion a year — $1 million every hour — to market their deadly products.
(Utah DOH, center4research.com, tobaccofreekids.org)
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- 90% of people with prediabetes are unaware they have it
- In 2017, the total estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes was $327 billion.
In the United States, 40% of adults have obesity, and 72% are overweight or have obesity
(https://ibis.health.utah.gov, https://healthcare.utah.edu, CDC)