Full speed ahead as we approach the end of 2021! Last quarter of this year and as we look back, we are thankful for each of you that have helped fuel impact this year. Here's what's new at BarbaraCares...
- Launched our Mammograms Matter Health Initiative - this program will directly address health disparities through a targeted approach within communities underserved, economically disadvantaged, and at-risk of a late-stage breast cancer diagnosis. Through expanded mammography screenings, our goal is to provide free mammograms through collaboration efforts, direct appointments, and stipends provided through BarbaraCares.
- Strategically partnered with additional nonprofit organizations - over the past 18 months, we have experienced an increase for services. This required a shift to accommodate growing capacity for outreach efforts.
- Adopted a more inclusive policy to address language barriers - through guidance from Board Members and community volunteers, BarbaraCares will implement multilingual approaches to reduce language barriers and access to care. We have added new technology features on our website to offer 118 rapid translations. In addition, we are partnered with local volunteers that assist in translating efforts.
- Starting in 2022, we will kick off the WeCare listening tour. The idea is simple, we want to hear from you! In our efforts to address healthcare hesitancy, barriers to care, and the root of late-stage diagnoses we will host community forums in Texas's largest cities and rural areas to hear from individuals, community leaders, and corporations. An informed community is a healthy community!
- We have named a Volunteer Coordinator and Special Events Coordinator for BarbaraCares! We are excited for the additions. These two roles will significantly add value to our operations as we continue in our mission to reach lives and support the community through our programs and various services. If you have questions regarding upcoming events or if you would like to become a volunteer through the foundation, please email us at: email@example.com