January Newsletter

Picture

IN-HOME CARE

24 HOUR CARE

SPECIALTY CARE

TRANSPORTATION

COMPANIONSHIP

HOURLY HOME CARE

PERSONAL CARE

SeniorHelpSolutions@gmail.com

Ribbon Cutting & Open House

Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture

Thank you to all of those that attended our Ribbon Cutting & Holiday Open House. A special thanks to the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber attendees. We hope everyone had as much fun as we did!


Picture

Happy Birthday!!


1/3 Jim Zoellick

1/9 Andree Faellaci

1/15 Adeline Schwabe

1/28 Victoria Etters

1/29 Ann Packard

Picture

Jan. 29 is National Puzzle Day, the perfect day to do a little brain exercise. Whether it’s a crossword, jigsaw, or Sudoku, puzzles engage our brain in more ways than one. Scientists have discovered that when we work on a jigsaw puzzle, we utilize both sides of the brain, improving memory, cognitive function and problem solving skills in the process. By utilizing puzzles, people can stimulate the brain to improve a number of skills.

Test your skills with the winter puzzles below.


Winter Word Search.gif
Winter Word Search 2.jpg
Winter Crossword.gif
Winter Cryptogram.gif
Snowflake Sudoku.jpg
Sudoku 1.jpg
Picture

Fires and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

During the winter months, it is common to use the fireplace or other heating sources, such as natural gas, kerosene, and other fuels. Unless fireplaces, wood and gas stoves and gas appliances are properly vented, cleaned, and used, they can leak dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide—a deadly gas that you cannot see or smell. These and other appliances, such as space heaters, can also be fire hazards.

Warning Signs 

Headache - Weakness - Nausea or Vomiting - Dizziness - Confusion

Blurred Vision - Loss of Consciousness

If you think you may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and get medical care immediately.


Precautions to Take

  • Call an inspector to have your chimneys and flues inspected – preferred annually.
  • Open a window (when using a kerosene stove) – just a crack will do.
  • Place smoke detectors and battery-operated carbon monoxide detectors in strategic places – especially in areas where you use fireplaces, wood stoves, or kerosene heaters.
  • Make sure space heaters are at least 3 feet away from anything that might catch fire, such as curtains, bedding, and furniture.
  •  Never try to heat your home using a gas stove, charcoal grill, or other stoves not made for home heating.

If there is a fire, don't try to put it out. Leave the house and call 911.

If you or your loved one are in need of daily living assistance, 24 hour care, hourly care, or transportation services we are here to help. Call us for your free assessment and personal service plan that fits your needs & schedule.


Executive Director - Laurie Teator  815-354-8977

Director of Client Services - Sean Chilonga  224-716-0928

Director of Development - Eric Blum  309-261-9191

Picture