-Tobacco is the #1 cause of preventable death
-7.6% of Utah teens use e-cigarettes regularly
-Tobacco still kills nearly half a million Americans and more than 7 million people worldwide each year
- The tobacco industry relentlessly peddles its deadly products, targeting kids and other vulnerable populations.
- Tobacco kills over 480,000 people in the U.S. and over 7 million worldwide each year.
-5.6 million kids alive today in the U.S. will ultimately die from smoking
- In the U.S. alone, tobacco companies spend $9.1 billion a year — $1 million every hour — to market their deadly products.
(Utah DOH, center4research.com, tobaccofreekids.org)
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- More than 84 million US adults—1 in 3—have prediabetes, and 90% of them don’t know they have it.
- In 2017, the total estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes was $327 billion.
In the United States, 40% of adults have obesity, and 72% are overweight or have obesity
(https://ibis.health.utah.gov, https://healthcare.utah.edu, CDC)